Friday, March 14, 2014

Photography Workshop

A couple years ago, I stumbled across Ashley Ann's blog. They were in the process of adopting their youngest daughter from China. I began reading post after post and loved reading what she had to say. Her love for the Lord and her family is very evident in what she writes. Not to mention, she is wonderfully talented with all things crafty and amazing with a camera! I fell in love with her style of photography--capturing moments in her family's life that most people tend to overlook. The chubby baby hands holding a bottle, the dirty feet running through the mud, the napping toddler. She has a beautiful way of telling stories with her photography. All this to say that since I had said that "I never want to learn how to use a DSLR," I decided to take her SnapShop Workshop to learn how to better capture these precious moments with my phone. 

Her course gave me much to consider about composing shots and storytelling. I feel like I'm more aware of what I want to capture before I just start snapping pictures. She is a wonderful teacher and very encouraging. And no, she did not ask anyone to blog a review. I just wanted to give her some credit. 

Oh yeah, SPOILER ALERT:::We ended up purchasing a DSLR yesterday anyway. Don and I have a lot to learn now.

Anyway, on with the pictures. Instead of posting all the pictures on Instagram or Facebook, I thought I'd share them here. So get ready for tons of pictures...taken over the past few weeks.


Kingston's little fingers holding his spoon

We had some fun playing with the sunlight



And then she decided we were done. But that tear--too precious

It's a boy!! So happy for the Harrelsons!

The kids loved story time with Pastor Braden

 Sometimes I force myself to be in a few pictures with the kids




After this miserable winter, we're excited for the spring weather!
However, the sun was a bit hard to work with that day (as far as photography goes)





Playing hide and seek in the trees


We hadn't stepped foot inside Walmart for months. Needless to say, they were happy

Never a shortage of adorableness

"Mommy, do you think I could touch the moon with this stick?"-Liam

Such a boy--letting it crawl in his armpits and stuff

Tuesday was an amazing cloud day

Spring weather= seeing the rolls on her thighs after a long winter

  
I may be addicted to taking pictures of her



And to spare you of any more randomness crammed into one blog post, I'll stop here.
If you've made it this far, I'll recommend Ashley one more time! Check out her blog here and her SnapShop Workshops here!







1 comment:

  1. Ahhh you got so many great shots! Thank you for sharing this link and for your kind words about the course. These are a beautiful reflection of your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...